Hi everyone,
I have set myself the challenge of making a complete commercial quality iPhone app/game in multi phases. Once its completed it will be submitted to Apple AppStore.
I have no programming knowledge, no art course or any kind of experience on any of the subject to develop an iPhone application. Thats why i call this a challenge.
I hope to document exactly what i will do and how things progress on each 30 days phases on this blog with video posting as often as possible. If any of you is thinking one day, learning and making an iPhone application or game from scratch, then this blog should be the right place to start. Because i will try to document the progress and keep the blog informative as such it can be followed as a future model.
Before i start, let me tell you that I'm unemployed at this time. Economy crisis is hard for unemployed people, because hiring at the moment is avoided, instead laying-off is the course of action to survive the crisis. As you can understand, this is the most worst time ever to lose a job, because to find a new one, its like winning lottery!
I have setup a official paypal donation button on the blog (just at your right) for this challenge. I hope and appreciate that you donate something, anything, because i have no revenue or any kind... nada!!! You can help today by donating because you are helping a real person in real life. (For the donors, i will work on a special greeting place on each application created trough this blog - I'm open to suggestions)
This is going to be fun, because fun is important for creativity and fundamental for learning. I already have a few ideas for a virtual reality app, one 3D game and one killer application. I want to start first coding the application before the games.
Time to get set up… Please see the video below.
If you have any constructive criticisms or helpful suggestions that will help, please feel free to post.
VQ
First English Video:
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Victor!!!!!! I support you!
I am a programmer, so I know how much of a challenge such an endeavor can be. Programming is very rewarding when it works, but it's frustrating when it doesn't...even more so when you discover that a functionality that should work doesn't and is due to the platform "not-yet-supporting-it" or simply that the platform is bugged. I'll be watching, and I would wish you luck, but that's not what you need. You need hard work and perseverance, so I'll wish you that instead!
Hi Victor,
I think you have a great challenge and you have all my moral support. In terms of the donation, I would suggest you to see if yould be possible to have a link on Apple web site to promote your challenge and people who is using the I phone that makes donation could purchase the apps at a lower price once it is completed. You will have more news from me anytime soon.
Q
Wow ! What a nice challenge and an awesome idea. Wish you all the success possible, can't wait to see if you can make it ! I recommend offering the game/app for free no matter the time it will take to do it in exchange of a donation. I will sure give you a little something later this week.
John-S
Post a Comment