Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hard Time : Status Quo - The Thirty Days Challenge


Hello,

Yesterday Canadian government unveiled the unemployment rate for my region. It is at 11.4% for the period of August 9, 2009 to September 5, 2009.

If you don't mind, let me share with you my past/current feelings and phases I had to go through, lately. This can help someone!

My personal experience with the lost of my job was like a kick in the balls and one of my life biggest head blows. At first, I thought loosing my job was all my fault. So when I lost my job I also lost my self-esteem. This happen even though I was top-gun at work (one of the best).

After I lost my job, the world stop spinning for me, day after day, I started to forget how skilled I was. And this also eroded all my self confidence I had. I isolated myself, stop social life, forgot all my friends, shutdown my phone and did not answer the door when someone was knocking. I also stop sleeping, shaving, eating regularly and many other things (It was not nice to see and not nice to look at). Then some health issue appeared.

In the meantime I was sending my resume desesperatly everywhere, weeks have passed and months. One of ten, receive emails/calls for interviews, but with no succes (Was nicely shaved for the purpose).

I started to ask myself: There surely something wrong with me! Definitely there was :-) But I was unable to see it, I was blinded by feelings, physically and emotionally destroyed that was noising my personality behaviour.

I understood something very important! The most important part before job seeking: Is to recover mentally, physically and also restore the feeling of self confidence and hold on to it.

Here is how I have done and still doing to restore the self-esteem and self respect:

First I started to talk about how I was feeling to closes ones. It helped me to open myself and recognize how down I became. After few small-talk, positive arguments immerge. And realised that it was time to work on myself. (A messy messy broken house doesn't sell good)

I decided that it was time to investe on myself. I started to eat regularly, did little walks (30 minutes per day) to change my mind of negative thoughts out of my head. I also started to restore my sexual life (once a day). All this worked very well to free my mind and have a satisfying recovery sleep (7H).

I rewritten my resume. This was one of the best way to remember all of the good things I have accomplished. I have focused on my resume because it was my self-marketing tool where I listed all my accomplishments. And I can tell you, that thinking about those achievements, It helped a lot to restore my self confidence.

If you are in a similar situation, this can help you too! You will be surprised to discover how much you’ve accomplished when you rewrite your resume. Then you’ll be convinced how good you are. And you’ll have all the self-confidence you need to present yourself.

I recover much but still don't have a job today and still working hard and will not let myself disparate. It is really hard work and I have win back my self-esteem with self respect ;-)


Thats all for today


1 comment:

elmany said...

My friend I was there, hope you can totally get over that situation.

Here I give you a link to an article that helped me a lot

http://www.trifuel.com/training/endurance-files/uncertainty-is-within-you